AUS vs IND Dream11 Team Prediction : Having completed the limited overs phase which went 1-1 to both the teams, both the teams are now gearing up for the all important Test series which is also known as Border Gavaskar Trophy. This series is the most important series on India’s entire tour of Australia this year and so, we help you with the perfect AUS vs IND Dream11 Team to make sure you keep winning.
AUS vs IND Dream11 Match Information
Match Venue : Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
Match Time : 09:30 AM IST
Australia Team News
Australia must be hurting to concede the last Border Gavaskar Trophy at home and they’d want to get it back as soon as possible. They have got Steve Smith back for this series who wasn’t present due to the ban when the last time they played India in 2018-19. They also have a very lethal bowling attack consisting of Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood and Lyon which can create havoc over any good batting side and India will be well aware of that.
However apart from Smith, their batting looks slightly vulnerable. Aussies don’t have David Warner and in his absence, Matthew Wade might open alongside Joe Burns. Burns will be followed by Labuschagne while Smith will bat at 4 who will be followed by Travis Head and Cameroon Green at 5 & 6. Watch out for Green making the same reputation in this series which once Sam Curran did against India back in 2018 series. Captain Tim Paine will bat at 7 and will handle the wicket keeping duties.
Players to pick from Australia
- Steve Smith : Smith is the number one ranked batsman in Test cricket who averages 84 against India.
- Marnus Labuschagne : Labuschagne has emerged to the international cricket scene after the last Ashes, he currently averages 63 in Test cricket.
- Josh Hazlewood : A willy customer with the ball, Hazlewood has an awesome record in Adelaide where he has picked up 26 wickets in the 5 Tests he has played.
- Pat Cummins : He is the number one bowler in Test cricket right now.
- Nathan Lyon : The Aussie greatest off spinner ever, Lyon has enjoyed bowling to Indian batsmen in both Australian and Indian conditions. Just like Hazlewood, Lyon too has an impressive record in the Adelaide where he has taken 50 wickets in 9 Tests.
- Cameron Green : Green can be a very impactful player in this series. He already scored a ton in the practice match.
- Matthew Wade : Among the wicket keepers, you can go with either Tim Paine or Matthew Wade but since Wade will open, it will give him a longer opportunity to score a big total.
- Mitchell Starc : Starc can also not be ignored even though he doesn’t find a place in our team. He has the best record in the pink ball cricket where he is the highest wicket taker around the world but the reason why didn’t we pick him is that he averages 36 against India which is substandard.
India Team News
India have already named their playing 11 a day before and it has created quite a buzz on the social media. Pant’s exclusion came as a surprise but they have gone with slightly conventional method of ” safe wicketkeeper behind the wicket “. That gives Wriddhiman Saha an opportunity while Prithvi Shaw is set to open with Mayank Agarwal for the first time. Not for Mayank though, it’d be his second Australia tour.
India will miss Ishant Sharma in this series and in his absence, Umesh plays as the third fast bowler to assist Bumrah and Shami. Hanuma Vihari and R Ashwin will share the spin bowling load, it will be led by Ashwin without any doubt. India have lost their number 1 ranking to Australia and they’d want to start the series well to get back the top ranking along with fulfilling the purpose of retaining the Border Gavaskar Trophy.
Players to pick from India
- Virat Kohli : There needs no explanation behind picking Kohli in the team. He is one of the best Test match players and his record at Adelaide Oval is exceptional. He averages 71 there.
- Cheteshwar Pujara : The player of the series in the last Border Gavaskar Trophy, Pujara will be the main man in the series. With 531 runs in the last series, he will be the biggest threat for Aussies again.
- Jasprit Bumrah : Even though Bumrah has struggled with white ball this year, we can’t doubt his red ball abilities. He had picked up 21 wickets on the previous tour and will be the leader of Indian pace attack.
- Mohammed Shami : Shami can be an useful bowler with the pink ball as he has ability to move the ball both ways.
- Mayank Agarwal : Agarwal can be picked from Indian team too as he did enjoy the Australian challenge last time he toured there. He scored back to back 50s in his Debut series there.
AUS vs IND Playing 11
Joe Burns, Matthew Wade, Marnus Labuschagne, Steven Smith, Travis Head, Cameron Green, Tim Paine (capt & wk), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon
Mayank Agarwal, Prithvi Shaw, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli (capt), Ajinkya Rahane, Hanuma Vihari, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), R Ashwin, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah
Australia vs India Pitch Report
No pitch is easy in the modern day Test cricket and the fact that it’s a Day Night Test played with the pink ball, the bowlers would cherish bowling every ball, particularly in the twilight phase of the day. Passing showers are predicted on the couple of days but that’d not damage the playing conditions much. Bowlers will get plenty of assistance from the new ball and batsmen will get tested in this format.
AUS vs IND Dream11 Team Prediction
- Virat Kohli
- Steve Smith (Captain)
- Cheteshwar Pujara
- Marnus Labuschagne
- Josh Hazlewood (Vice Captain)
- Pat Cummins
- Nathan Lyon
- Jasprit Bumrah
- Mohammed Shami