SCO vs REN Match Preview
After winning their first game in this season, Scorchers would look to carry forward the momentum when they will take on Melbourne Renegades, another side which has struggled in this tournament and has just one victory from 6 matches so far. Perth will host a BBL match for the first time this year. As SCO and REN prepare for their clash, we bring you SCO vs REN today Dream11 Team Prediction along with pitch report and data based fantasy cricket tips to help you tell best players for today’s Dream11 Team.
- Match Venue : Perth Stadium, Perth
- Match Time : 10:35 AM IST
Melbourne Renegades Team News
Melbourne Renegades looked good and promising in their rain affected last match against Thunder on 1st of January but they still couldn’t win the match due to which they keep relinquishing at the bottom of the points table with 1 win and 5 losses. They came with a refreshing ultra aggressive approach which worked for them too while batting but bowling, along with the rain interruption let them down again.
In the batting, Rile Roussow remains to be a concern for them, just like Munro is for Scorchers. They have not named their squad yet. We will update you as soon as they do.
Perth Scorchers Team News
Scorchers finally got themselves into the winning ways after a comprehensive win against the Strikers on the new year’s eve. That turned out to be a perfect game for them both with the bat and ball but you can never tell if it was just the law of averages or have they got themselves a start now.
However, Scorchers would be worried about the form of Colin Munro who had started the tournament on a good note but has now gone downhill since the last 3 matches. They’d hoping he too can make a comeback in the match against Renegades just like the team did against Strikers. They too haven’t announced their squad yet.
Players Recent Performance
- Aaron Finch : 18(13)
- Shaun Marsh : 87(48)
- Sam Harper : 7(6)
- Mohammad Nabi : 33(24) & 0-10
- Imad Wasim : 1-34
- Kane Richardson : 0-14
- Will Sutherland : 0-5
- Josh Inglis : 44(31)
- Jason Roy : 49(32)
- Colin Munro : 6(6)
- Liam Livingstone : 8(13)
- Jhye Richardson : 3-19
- Mitchell Marsh : 38(24) & 0-15
- Andrew Tye : 1-35
- Aaron Hardie : 2-21
SCO vs REN Playing 11
Aaron Finch (c), Shaun Marsh, Sam Harper (wk), Rilee Rossouw, Mohammad Nabi, Beau Webster, Noor Ahmad, Jack Prestwidge, Kane Richardson, Peter Hatzoglou, Josh Lalor
Josh Inglis (wk), Jason Roy, Liam Livingstone, Colin Munro, Mitchell Marsh, Ashton Turner (c), Aaron Hardie, Jhye Richardson, Andrew Tye, Jason Behrendorff, Fawad Ahmed
SCO vs REN Pitch Report
Perth Stadium will be hosting the first game of the season but there has been few T20s played on this surface in the past. Here is the data from those matches which tells the venue is pretty batting friendly
- Average 1st inning score : 166
- Highest score : 213-3
- Below 150 scores : 2 times
- Scores between 150 and 169 : 2 times
- Scores between 170 & 189 : 7 times
- Above 190 scores : 3 times
SCO vs REN Head to Head
Melbourne Renegades : 3 wins
Perth Scorchers : 10 wins
Players to pick from both sides
- Aaron Finch : Despite all his struggles, Finch has started to find his groove and his last two scores of 39 & 18 raise confidence into picking him for one more time at least.
- Shaun Marsh : Marsh has simply been the most consistent batsman in this BBL and his 233 runs from 6 games at an average of 39 testify it.
- Sam Harper/Imad Wasim : Wicket keeper batsman Sam Harper has been in decent touch even though he has failed in last couple of games. You can trust him or pick Imad Wasim at his place who has taken 3 wickets in the last couple of matches.
- Mohammad Nabi : Nabi has been an excellent performer for Renegades in a very limited time. Even though he didn’t get any wicket in last game, he contributed with a vital 33 with the bat.
- Kane Richardson : Kane Richardson has been the most reliable bowler for Renegades as he has picked up 9 wickets in 6 matches.
- Peter Hatzoglou : Hatzoglou bowls quick and decent leg spin and has been a find of the season for Renegades so far with 7 wickets from 5 matches.
- Jason Roy : Roy started his BBL campaign with a meagre 21 but he soon found his mojo and went on to score 49 runs in the next one.
- Mitchell Marsh : Mitchell Marsh has 108 runs with the bat an average of 36, while with the ball, he has been quite economical conceding runs at just 4.83 runs per over.
- Jhye Richardson : Jhye Richardson picked back to back 3fers ( 3-30 & 3-19 ) in the last couple of games.
- Josh Inglis : Inglis scored a beautiful 44 in the last game and showed he is back in form.
- Andrew Tye : Tye hasn’t had a good BBL so far picking up just 3 wickets in 5 games but we all know his quality.
SCO vs REN Dream11 Team Prediction
- Josh Inglis
- Jason Roy
- Shaun Marsh (captain)
- Aaron Finch
- Mitchell Marsh
- Imad Wasim
- Mohammad Nabi (vice captain)
- Josh Lalor
- Jhye Richardson
- Andrew Tye
- Peter Hatzoglou